Ken & Pam's Wild Rice Recipe
Ken and Pam brought this dish on 4 July 2005.
In a large pot, bring to a boil:
- 6 14oz cans low-salt chicken broth
- 2 cups wild rice (about 12 oz)
Cook until tender, about 50-60 minutes.
Drain, then while still hot, stir in:
- 1 cup dried apricots (about 6 oz), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried currants
Let cool completely.
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
In a separate cup, whisk together until smooth:
- 3 Tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clive, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Mix the dressing into the wild rice.
May be prepared and refrigerated up to 8 hours in advance.
Heller Web Space: